Welcome to Calvary’s Accessibility Page!
At Calvary Lutheran Church, we believe that everyone should be able to worship in comfort and safety, and we invite you to come as you are. We understand that accessibility needs vary from person to person, and we are committed to providing resources and accommodations to ensure that everyone can participate fully in our worship services and events. If you have any questions or concerns about accessibility before visiting, please do not hesitate to contact us at 218-751-1893 or by email. If you have any accessibility needs or questions while you’re in our building, please let a staff member or usher know. We welcome your feedback and suggestions as we continue to improve our accessibility resources.
To make our church accessible, we have the following resources available:
- Accessible parking at the front and back of the building
- Push button doors at both the front doors and door 6
- Handrails on the steps of the altar
- Cutouts in our pews for wheelchairs, walkers, and other accessibility equipment
- Walkers and wheelchairs available to use when in the building
- A gender-neutral family bathroom for those with accessibility needs, parents with children, or anyone else who wishes to use it.
- Large Print Bibles in the book racks of our pews
- Live sound from our sanctuary routed into our Family Care Room and lounge
- A ramp leading up to the altar for those unable to use the stairs (available upon request)
- Hearing assist devices available in the sanctuary (available upon request, please ask a sound tech)
- Bibles are located in the book racks in the pews, and readings are available for viewing in larger print on the screens
- We encourage families to worship together; however, if you feel the need to leave worship, there is a Family Care Room in Room 6, right outside of the east sanctuary door. Children’s bulletins are available on the ushers’ tables, and activity bags, by each entrance.
- Communion brought to you in your seat (upon request, please ask an usher)